On top of buying bikes and parts, Bike Recyclery offers consignment on very high end bikes/parts in excellent to NOS shape. We accept top shelf road, mountain, and track bikes and components. Please send us some photos and inventory lists of what you hope to sell, as well as any prices you have in mind to email@example.com. We accept items both shipped to us, or brought to our shop (by appointment only!) in Portland, Oregon,
Our consignment program is best suited to large lots of parts you wish to liquidate, as well as complete bikes with market values over $1000 and parts over $50 individually.
- Complete Bikes & Frames: Bike Recyclery retains a flat consignment fee plus $50/hour labor for all bikes sold. The consignment fee will be based on the selling price if the bike was paid for with cash. If the bike was paid for with credit card or paypal, the fee will be based off the selling price minus a 4% credit card processing fee. The fee schedule as is follows: Bikes/frames under $1000, 50% fee. Bikes/frames over $1000, 35% fee.
- On top of the consignment fee, Bike Recyclery charges $50 an hour for time spent tuning, cleaning (as needed), photographing, listing, selling, and packing/shipping bikes. This shall not exceed four hours per bike, and on average will be one to two hours.
- Bike Recyclery will create a detailed listing and a set of professional photographs of each bicycle, to aid in acquiring the highest price possible in a reasonable timeframe. Bicycles will be listed on www.BikeRecyclery.com, online forums, and occasionally Ebay. When it is listed, it also becomes part of our permanent "online bicycle museum" for other bicycle lovers to appreciate and learn from.
- Parts: Bike Recyclery retains a flat 50% consignment fee on the sale of components under $250 and a flat 40% consignment fee for components over $250, as well as a 4% processing fee.
- In the event the consignee wishes to to take a bicycle off the market before it sells, the consignment fee will be waived and Bike Recyclery will charge their hourly rate for the time spent preparing the listing (not to exceed three hours or $150 but usually 1-2 hours)
- In the event the consignee wishes to to take a bicycle component off the market before it sells, the consignment fee will be waived and Bike Recyclery will charge a one half hour labor fee of $25 per part